Human Rights Policy
Here at Fera Pet Organics we are not only committed to making your pets happier and healthier, we are also committed to making our business practices contribute to happier and healthier humans across the globe!
The United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights outlines the freedom, dignity and rights that are endowed to all human beings, without distinction of race, color, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. In 2008, Professor John Ruggie of Harvard University provided a framework outlining the human rights implications of business management practices known as the UN Guiding Principles, or Ruggie’s Principles. Ruggie's Principles are based on three complementary and interdependent pillars: the state duty to protect against human rights abuses by third parties, including business; the corporate responsibility to respect human rights; and the need for greater access by victims to effective remedy.
We believe that it is our responsibility to ensure that the basic Human Rights set out by the UN are at the forefront of our decision making across our business operations, including within our own company culture as well as across our supply chain.
Our commitment to our team:
- We treat our employees with respect and dignity, actively protecting and progressing their human rights.
- We do not tolerate any discrimination in employment based on an individual’s protected status, and strive to provide equal pay for equal work. Our goal is to provide a work environment free from discrimination, harassment and retaliation.
- We respect the rights of employees to form, join, or not join labor unions. This includes the right to freedom of association and collective bargaining. Additionally we work together and make every effort to reach an agreement through open and constructive negotiations.
- Company employees have the right to fair working conditions, competitive wages and reasonable working hours. Fera Pets Inc. has a zero tolerance policy for the use of child labor, forced labor, bonded labor or human trafficking of any kind.
- We provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons based on disabilities, religious beliefs and pregnancy/childbirth (and related conditions).
- We respect the privacy of our employees and business partners who trust us with their personal information. We have specific policies in place that are designed to safeguard personal information and ensure that personal information is collected, used and shared in an appropriate manner and in conformity with our company values and legal obligations.
How We Engage with External Stakeholders:
- We are committed to high standards of ethical and business conduct as it relates to our procurement, manufacturing, distribution, marketing and sales practices.
- Fera Pets Inc. treats its suppliers and manufacturing partners with respect and integrity and are dedicated to serving as a good partner to those we engage in business with.
- We work with our suppliers and manufacturing partners to help ensure they are committed to similar values which help to further our commitment to human rights.
- We require suppliers to adhere to our Supplier Code of Conduct, along with relevant terms and conditions. Among other things, that Code sets out requirements related to ethics and integrity, labor and employment practices, protecting human rights, sustainability, and diversity and inclusion. The Code requires our suppliers to protect the rights of workers in our extended supply chain, including with regard to health and safety standards and local wage and hour laws. It prohibits the use of forced labor, child labor or human trafficking of any kind.
- Before entering into supply agreements, we undertake due diligence on potential suppliers to assess whether they will be able to meet our requirements. And during performance on contracts, we further monitor their performance. We take very seriously any issues with human rights or other aspects of labor practices in our supply chain. We investigate allegations of misconduct and take appropriate remedial action, including termination of contracts.